CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Restful Relaxation

David and I were lucky enough to spontaneously get away for some of the weekend in Sandusky, OH at East Harbor State Park. It was amazing to literally take a deep breath of fresh air and put nothing on the agenda but spending some quality time together. The best part of camping is sleeping outside with all the leaves rustling, the the chilled air, and snuggling inside a tiny tent! There is nothing like escaping from every day life and embracing the laid back spirit of camping. It is like you are in a whole other world that values the antithesis of work, accomplishments, and checking things off the "to-do list"! We certainly hope to find time to do this more often!


We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather;
as you can see in the background!

Here I am with my feet up! YAY!


David cooking his delicious burgers over the nice, hot fire.
I LOVE cooking while camping, we had some delicious meals
that included sausage biscuits, pancakes, burgers, chicken
quesadillas, and brauts......Mmmmmm!

Where's the froggie? Bet ya can't find him!

We did lots of relaxing things. We played lots of cards.
This is evidence of a card game that David actually won! I had
to digitally document this rare occasion!!!!! :-)
Just kidding. He tends to win quite frequently. Here is
the score as he won 310 to my 185.

David showed me how to build the best fire in the world!

I got to get it started! Here come the flames!

Here it is REALLY going strong! Another AWESOME
part to camping is the fire! How relaxing! (Did I
mention masrhmallows!?)

We went on a couple of hikes and this was the view
from the Wetland trail, looking into East Harbor. It was
truly gorgeous! It was so peaceful to walk along the water.

Here is another shot from a trail. The path was
extremely wide and well taken care of! I love all
of the green that will unfortunately soon fade away
as TODAY is the last official day of summer!

Our super tiny tent - perfect for the two of us!

We went along the beach at Lake Erie. This
was one of the friends we visited along the way.

We did not get to swim, but it was super relaxing to
watch all the boats and listen to the soft crashing of waves.

Here's my amazing husband simply enjoying sitting and
resting!


Here we are resting with our feet up together!
This piture pretty much sums up our whole
weekend! :-)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hey girl! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm sure you were ready to have a little break from teaching already! Wish we could have been there!

David and Angela Estes said...

Nice pics sissy!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! I'm jealous of your camping even though I just got back from the Caribbean! haha....probably cause I was in the airport the entire time you were camping :) Love ya and glad you guys were able to get away! See ya soon!! :) HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY!! Now I'm not the only one 1/2 way to 30!
Love, Angela

Brian and Jeni said...

Hey girly.. .love the pictures, looks like you guys really had fun. Lots of love to you. Hope your birthday was good, I miss you. We will chat soon.